Monday, September 19, 2005

Done-ness

A few of you may want to know that I am taking a break from programming Midnight Mars Browser, and this break will probably be permanent. I've spent much of my personal time for the last 8 months or more working on this program, and, much to my own surprise, I feel I've accomplished 90 percent of what I wanted to accomplish with it. It feels like it's time to move on. Needless to say, I'll probably do the occassional bug fix as circumstances require. But there won't be any major new features.

However, please understand that I will still be updating the metadata for the program - the metadata being the downloaded definitions that allow MMB to display panoramas, amongst other things. I'm still going to be using the program to view the MER imagery as long as the rovers are still sending back pictures - that's what the program is for - so I'll keep the definitions up to date and post the most striking images here on the website. Doing that is a lot more fun than the actual programming was anyway.