Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Updates & Thumbnails

Midnight Mars Browser metadata will be updated later tonight with today's images, and I'll post any new screenshots at that time. In general from now on I will be updating in the mornings and evenings Central Standard Time, just FYI.

I've noticed that thumbnail images are now getting posted on Exploratorium... Presumably there was some change either at Exploratorium or, more likely, on the JPL side where these are showing up now. This would be neat, except we're not actually seeing them until the regular images are available anyway, which makes the thumbnails a rather useless and annoying distraction. If I have time tonight I'll post a new version of MMB which ignores the downloaded thumbnail images by default. In the meantime, you can get rid of the thumbnails in Slideshow by selecting "Adjust Image Criteria" and deselecting the "Other" checkbox under Image Types.